INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
This position works in consultation and collaboration with the faculty and staff of Claremont School of Theology (CST) to facilitate the use of technology for teaching and learning in CST programs. This position is meant to serve as a bridge between academic-based technology and the Information Technology operation of CST and facilitate communication.
Dependant on Qualification. Full time, Benefits Eligible
- System and Infrastructure:
- Manage the Sakai learning management system (LMS) for CST
- Assist faculty and staff to maximize its effectiveness for teaching and learning
- Assess and implement upgrades and integration with other campus systems (SIS, email, etc.)
- Investigate new instructional technologies on a regular basis and make recommendations about the use of such technologies; if desirable, integrate such technologies with the LMS
- Supervise student-staffed Help Desk. Collaborate closely with IT and other staff to troubleshoot problems and insure that requests from students and faculty who are in online courses receive prompt and effective responses.
- Coordinate necessary set-up and support for instructional and community life needs, in the classroom and at a distance.
- In collaboration with other staff, develop and implement a plan for instructional hardware and software acquisition and maintenance.
- Coordination implementation and updating of the plan.
- Support for Faculty and Staff.
- In consultation with faculty and staff, plan and implement regular training and reflective practice conversations.
- Provide individual consultations for faculty to help them utilize instructional technology in the most effective ways.
- Work with the appropriate persons and committees to evaluate the use of technology in CST courses.
- Work with faculty and staff to create opportunities for community formation among online (distributive) learners.
- Provide training for new faculty on use of the Sakai LMS and other necessary technologies.
- Train and supervise student assistants providing Instructional Technology support.
- Support for Students.
- Create, adapt, and/or update tutorials for students on the use of technology.
- Participate in planning and delivering the orientation for new students to Instructional Technology’.
- Insure the technical requirements for new students are updated and communicated.
- Identify and make available resources to support student success in distributive learning.
- 3-5 years of experience working in Instructional Technology environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with learning management systems; experience with Sakai ideal.
- Demonstrated comfort working across multiple platforms (e.g., MAC, Windows, mobile Android and Tablet devices).
- Experience with Web user interfaces.
- BA required, MA preferred; background in humanities.
- Incumbent must be a resident of California and able to be on campus daily.
This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty
Claremont School of Theology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to:
Claremont School of Theology, 1325 N. College Ave. Claremont, CA 91711; e-mail: Humanresources@cst.edu or fax 909-447-6390